Recipe for homemade hummus, airy, tasty and easy. An authentic, traditional and healthy Middle Eastern recipe world widely famous.
Preparation Time: 15΄
Waiting Time: 12 hours
K/cals: 235 per serving
Implementation of hummus
- Put the chickpeas in a bowl of water and 1 tbsp. sharp salt from last night.
- The next day, strain and rinse well.
- In a saucepan over high heat, in which we have put 1.5 litres of water, boil the chickpeas until softened for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- Drain well in another bowl (holding the water) and place in a blender with olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and slice with knives until the mixture is homogenised. If it is too tight, add some water from the boiled chickpeas.
- Add salt, pepper, taste and adapt our ingredients to our liking.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, grated cumin and boxwood.
- We serve our hummus with homemade pies.
Find Hummus Products
- 250 g uncooked chickpeas
- 1.5 litres of water
- 1 tsp salt
- juice from 1-2 lemons
- zest of 1 lemon
- 100 g tahini
- 1 tsp sharp cumin powder
- 1 fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 clove of garlic (optional)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 150 ml of olive oil